Join our team!
Youth Entrepreneurship Program Intern
The East Algoma Community futures Development Corporation has an opening for a youth intern to work with youth in the East Algoma Region as part of the Head Start in Business Program. Head Start in Business is a 24 Community Futures Development Corporations project across Northern Ontario mandated to introduce entrepreneurship to youth. Under the direction of the CFDC Manager / HSIB Program Manager and Program Coordinator, the program intern shall:
Work with an enthusiastic team of youth entrepreneurship coordinators across Northern Ontario.
• Deliver project specific youth entrepreneurship programming in catchment area in the catchment area from Spanish to Tarbutt Township, working out of the Blind River Office.
• Participate in and assist with Youth Enterprise Camp Regional project and the Enterprise Olympics Regional Project
• Solicit sponsorship and ensure recruitment for approved activities.
• Participate in youth related workshops and seminars as required.
• Be responsible for program evaluation and assessment of deliverables
DATA COLLECTION: Report to Project Coordinator all deliverables on a quarterly basis. Report to CFDC Board of Directors monthly.
• Internships must provide first-time employment in a related field.
• The Intern must have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university.
• The intern must also not have previously participated in an internship program.
• Post-secondary education (College or University) in Business-related field with experience instructing groups; or Post-secondary education (College or University) in an Education-related field with strong knowledge of entrepreneurship principles and practices; or an alternate acceptable combination of education and experience
• Marketing or public relations experience would be considered an asset.
• Facilitation experience would be considered an asset.
• Excellent working knowledge of software programs such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Official Languages
• Possess a valid driver’s license and willing to travel
• Complete a current Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check
Please contact the office for a full job description. Applications will be accepted until January 26, 2018 at 4:00 p.m.
Qualified individuals must be bondable and are invited to submit applications to:
East Algoma Community Futures Development Corporation,
PO Box 398, Blind River, ON P0R 1B0
or email applications to: email@example.com
Note: We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only those persons selected for interviews will be contacted