Temporary Position May 1st to September 30th, 2018
Join our team!
Program Coordinator Assistant
Location – Thunder Bay
North Claybelt CFDC – A Head start in Business is a 24 Community Futures Development Corporations project across Northern Ontario mandated to introduce entrepreneurship to youth. Under the direction of the Head Start In Business Program Manager and Program Coordinator, the assistant will:
Work with an enthusiastic team of youth entrepreneurship coordinators across Northern Ontario.
- Participate in and assist with Youth Enterprise Camp Regional project and various day camps throughout Northeastern Ontario.
- Solicit sponsorship and ensure recruitment for approved activities.
- Deliver project specific youth entrepreneurship programming with the assistance of a Head Start In Business program coordinator
- Participate in youth related workshops and seminars as required.
- Assist with for program evaluation and assessment of deliverables
- Post-secondary education (College or University) in Business-related field with experience instructing groups; or Post-secondary education (College or University) in an Education-related field with strong knowledge of entrepreneurship principles and practices; or an alternate acceptable combination of education and experience
- Marketing or public relations experience would be considered an asset.
- Facilitation experience would be considered an asset.
- Excellent working knowledge of software programs such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Official Languages
- Possess a valid driver’s license and willing to travel
- Complete a current Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check
This is a four-month temporary position. Deadline for applications is April 25th, 2018. Letters of application and resumes may be emailed or mailed to the following address:
Cindy Reasbeck- Program Manager Headstart in Business
North Claybelt CFDC, 6 Ash Street, Kapuskasing, ON P5N 3E9
Tel: 705 337-1407
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.