Join our team!
Location – Northwestern Ontario
One Year Position
North Claybelt CFDC – A Head start in Business is a 24 Community Futures Development Corporations project across Northern Ontario mandated to introduce entrepreneurship to youth. Under the direction of the Head Start In Business Program Manager the Youth Entrepreneurship Program Coordinator will:
As part of a team of coordinators in the Northern Ontario will develop and implement a plan for youth entrepreneurship programming initiatives throughout their catchment area
- Act as lead on the Youth Enterprise Camp project and the Enterprise Olympics project
- Be responsible for three to four Community Futures Development Corporation catchment areas
- Supervise interns hired for the project in their respective regions
- Attend Youth Enterprise camp as Camp Director for one week
- Prepare timelines and work plans for approved Youth Entrepreneurship programming.
- Liaise with school boards and other community organizations in the implementation of new programming
- Solicit sponsorship and ensure recruitment for approved activities.
- Deliver project specific programming.
- Attend all Team/Committee and Board Meetings, as required.
- Participate in youth related workshops and seminars as required.
- Be responsible for program evaluation and assessment of deliverables
- Support an intern if one is hired in catchment area, Interns report directly to their CFDC Manager
- Post-secondary education (College or University) in Business-related field with experience instructing groups; or Post-secondary education (College or University) in an Education-related field with strong knowledge of entrepreneurship principles and practices; or an alternate acceptable combination of education and experience
- Marketing or public relations experience would be considered an asset.
- Facilitation experience would be considered an asset.
- Excellent working knowledge of software programs such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Official Languages
- Possess a valid driver’s license and willing to travel
- Complete a current Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check
Deadline for applications is June 26th, 2019. Only candidates considered to be qualified for the position will be contacted for an interview. Letters of application and resumes may be emailed or mailed to the following address:
Cindy Reasbeck- Program Manager Headstart in Business
North Claybelt CFDC, 6 Ash Street, Kapuskasing, ON P5N 3E9
Tel: 705 337-1407
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.