This competition is ideally suited for English Language Arts and/or social studies and meets specific curriculum outcomes at the intermediate level.
It is the intent of Market Your Thoughts Competition to encourage intermediate students to creatively think about enterprising ventures and to pursue entrepreneurial thinking and action. With the assistance of the teacher, we would like to identify, recognize, reward and support the talent and initiative of our enterprising young people. We are therefore, challenging all grades 7 and 8 students to participate in the Market Your Thoughts Competition.
The competition will involve students identifying a business opportunity that they believe could work in the province of Ontario and creating a multi-media business plan describing their business concept. Students in Northern Ontario will have an opportunity to win money and prizes
and have their winning essays published in the following edition of Market Your Thoughts. Teachers are provided a lesson plan that guides them through the activity as well as a Market Your Thoughts wall poster for their classroom.
- Encourages intermediate students to creatively think about enterprising ventures and to pursue entrepreneurial thinking and action.
- Students identify a business opportunity they believe could work in their communities and write an essay describing their business concept.
- Students develop the knowledge and skills to explore personal empowerment.
- Market your thoughts allows us to recognize, reward and support the talent and initiative of our enterprising young people.
2015 Regional Winners
- Grade 7 – Name: Jonathan Mann Business Name: Clothes Encounter School: Esten Park Public School City: Elliot Lake
- Grade 8 – Name: Elaina Turcotte Busines Name: Parties on the Go School: St.Patrick’s School City: Kapuskasing
“My daughter learned she could create anything, which made her think she could start a business one day on her own.” Parents